"Some women like tall men, some like short men. Some like hairy men, some like bald men. Gentle men, rough men, ugly men, pretty men... Pretty girls! Most women don't know what they like until they've tried. And, sadly, so many of us get to try so little before we're old and grey..."
coming out to your parents
If you try for one second to tell me the X-Men isn’t an allegory for the gay rights movement, I will smack you. They weren’t even remotely subtle about this.
The mutants have always been an allegory for anyone that didn’t fit in to society. The folks who drew the comics made a point of that early on.
I hate how unsubtle this movie is on so many levels, it borders on parody. They even say “Mutant Pride” at some point. I prefer the original’s more vague similarities to any outcasts.
You know it really bugs me how only Sollux got excused for his part.
Like if you’re going to give a reason for one give a reason for all of them.
- Aradia beat the shit out of equius because he tried to control her emotions via a chip in her robotic heart
- Tavros was ordered by Vriska to kill her on her quest bed so she wouldn’t face the agonizing pain of bleeding out. But, as we have all seen in the comic, facing death, be it by killing or being killed, is extremely hard and he wasn’t able to bring himself to kill her.
- In fact, when he did try to kill her he thought it was because she was a real danger to the team and thought there was no other option.
- Sollux killed Aradia under influence of the mindhoney set in motion by Vriska to get revenge on Aradia.
- He also accidentally had all the lusii killed with a virus in his coding when the game started.
- Sollux also started the strife with Eridan and had in fact intended to kill Eridan.
- Nepeta killed for food and supplies.
- She attempted to kill Gamzee in vengeance after watching him brutally murder her moirail.
- Kanaya sawed off Tavros’s legs.
- Kanaya tried to kill Eridan after watching him blow up the Matriorb.
She attacked him and he killed her.
- She did try to kill this clown that had murdered two of her friends and was posing a large threat.
- She did punch Vriska.
- She also drank the blood of Feferi, Terezi, and if I’m not mistaken Sollux after she woke up as a rainbow drinker.
Lets not forget rainbow drinkers are the troll equivalent to vampires and in cannon she has a hard time controlling her need for blood.
- Vriska did the same thing as Terezi, as did Eridan, and I’m willing to bet Tavros and Aradia did, too. Flarping stands for Fight Live Action Role Play, and is a very dangerous game where killing the opponent is a regular part of it.
- She killed Vriska because if she didn’t Vriska would have gone off to fight Jack, which would have led Jack right to them and he would have killed everyone left on the meteor. She killed Vriska because if she didn’t everyone else would have been doomed.
- She killed John off as a prank, as well as to mess with Vriska.
- She felt sorry for both of these murders after.
- Vriska crippled Tavros because she felt he was weak. This set off a chain of revenge that ended up costing her her arm and eye, blinding terezi, and killing Aradia. Revenge is a very powerful thing in troll culture. Because of this fact, this isn’t that out of the ordinary. Never forget that.
- She took her victims from flarping and fed them to her lusus so her lusus wouldn’t kill her.
- She also put John to sleep so he wouldn’t see Jack coming to kill him.
- She killed Tavros in a battle to the death strife.
- She did feel bad afterwards.
- Equius caused Vriska to punch herself because Vriska was trying to get inside his head.
- I do have to say fuck you for saying he caused the death of nepeta. He specifically told her to hide and stay hidden so she would be out of danger while he went to look for Gamzee, who was considered a mild threat at the time. He had no idea Nepeta would be watching while Gamzee killed him. He wasn’t even prepared for Gamzee killing him.
So once again, fuck you Equius did not cause Nepeta’s death.
- Gamzee did kill Equius and Nepeta.
- He also went head hunting and made out with Tavros’s decapitated head.
- There was a showdown on the roof where everybody was ready to kill everybody.
- Gamzee created Tavris sprite, Fefeta Sprite, Erisol Sprite, and played a part in Arquius sprite. He did not intend for any of them to explode.
- He is canonically sorry.
- Eridan is upset with land dweller pollution.
- Feferi and Kanaya were both going to kill him.
Feferi thought he had killed her matesprit and was going after him in revenge.
I already explained Kanaya.
- He killed other lusii for Feferi because, hey, if he didn’t EVERYONE WOULD HAVE DIED. EVERYONE. Feferi’s lusus needs to be fed regularly because if it doesn’t get fed it gets restless. And if it gets restless it makes sounds louder than the whisper its safe for it to make.
If it’s only slightly louder it kills all the landwellers. If it gets really loud it kills ALL TROLLS. YEP, HE AND FEFERI WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD, TOO.
- He destroys the matriorb for no reason after Kanaya glances at it.
- He blinds Sollux and likely would have killed him. It was, as Sollux had said when he started the strife, a fight to the death.
- I already explained this but other lusi had to be killed to feed hers so that, once again EVERYONE DIDN’T DIE. She served as transport to feed her lusus, and if I’m not mistaken she did help.
Also, given the fact that Eridan mentioned if he slacked off a bit he could have gotten his wish of exterminating all the landwellers, I don’t think that Feferi could have done it without help. I doubt Feferi would have stopped her efforts because she really didn’t want the others to die, so I’m fairly sure she NEEDED the help of her MOIRAIL to keep her lusus properly fed.
- You’re seriously putting the fact that she had a shit ton of cuttlefish in her hive as one of her dangers? Seriously? In cannon the cage bars were big enough to where they were pretty much useless and the cuttlefish got to swim around as they pleased. She also had a shit ton of sea ponies swimming around her hive. They were her pets. She practiced her view of culling on them, which was taking good care of them and helping them.
The fact is, if you’re going to post this stuff pointing out the deaths and violence of characters, don’t fucking excuse just one or two of them. Don’t excuse any, or excuse all of them.
I’m not saying their actions are any lesser or greater because of the reasoning behind them, but there certainly was not one pointless murder among any of these trolls.
Also can I point out that kanaya sawed off tavros’s legs so he could get the robot legs- she was trying to help
so, let me get this straight.
ben c was khan in star trek. he was smaug in the goddamned hobbit. and he plays sherlock holmes is what is arguable becoming one of the most popular shows worldwide.
and you’re telling me.
he went to the san diego fucking comic con
for the penguins of fucking madagascar.
Hey a heads up.
Nintendo is selling really discounted consoles right now.
You can get the Wii U Deluxe Nintendo Land bundle for $200
i’ll always reblog these posts almost out of duty but it’s important you all know that they’re refurbished consoles with a one year warranty
did u know characters can have a cool kind of relationship called
I know, incredible
Long ago, the four relationships, romance, friendship, family, and rivalry, lived in harmony.
But everything changed when the romance shippers attacked.
Only the Homestucks, master of all four relationships could save them. But when the world needed them most, they vanished